As part of the H. Henry Meeter Center’s 30th anniversary, John Calvin’s first edition of the 'Institutes of the Christian Religion' is on display through June 1st. On Loan from The Van Kampen Collection, this rare volume published in 1536 in Basle, Switzerland was Calvin’s first major theological work. Calvin reworked the text both in Latin and French throughout his lifetime. His final version, completed in 1559, is owned by the Meeter Center and is also on display.
March 23, 2012 | Matt Kucinski