If you are traveling to another country, you are responsible for making sure that you are entering that country legally. Be sure to check with your destination country’s authorities before planning your trip. Calvin’s immigration office can provide information and support for your reentry to the U.S., but travel to other countries is outside our scope.
Required documents for reentering the U.S.
1. I-20 with a travel endorsement on page 2 that is less than 12 months old when you reenter the U.S. It is okay if the I-20 is more than 12 months old; it is only the date of the signature that must be less than 12 months old. If you need a new travel endorsement, e-mail the immigration coordinator, or bring your I-20 to the office during walk-in hours.
2. Valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after you reenter the U.S.
3. Valid visa. If your visa will have expired, be sure to give yourself enough time to get a new visa before returning.
Optional documents for reentry
1. I-901 receipt. You can access your receipt by clicking “check I-901 status” here: www.fmjfee.com
2. Class schedule for the current semester (if you are traveling mid-semester) or for the coming semester (if you are traveling during winter break or summer break).
3. A tuition receipt for the current semester (if you are traveling mid-semester) or for the coming semester (if you are traveling during winter break or summer break).