Student rights when referred for college disciplinary action
- Applies to:
- Current Students
- Approved by:
- Office of Student Conduct
When referred for college disciplinary action, Calvin University students have the right to:
- Hear a summary of the evidence/report initiating the referral.
- Respond to the information/evidence supporting the referral.
- Present further information/evidence regarding the situation.
- Suggest witnesses and/or avenues of investigation to the hearing officer.
- Request additional time to prepare for a hearing (generally 7 calendar days, can be extended by the hearing officer).
- Be accompanied by a process advisor. Students can select a process advisor from any member of the Calvin University community (current faculty, staff, or student) to serve as an advisor during a resolution meeting or during a Safer Spaces hearing.
Note: The advisor cannot directly address the proceeding but may accompany and advise the student during and after the meeting or hearing.
- Appeal a sanctioning decision based on college established appeal processes. For more information go to IV. Calvin University Disciplinary Process
- Course code: