Roosevelt Park Ministries Spanish Teacher Intern
- Organization: Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Field(s): Spanish, Education
- Duration: Available Fall 2019/Winter, Spring, Summer 2020
- Paid? No
This is an opportunity to teach Spanish as a second language to either adult or kids/youth.
This is an opportunity to teach Spanish as a second language to either adult or kids/youth. Roosevelt Park Ministries, a non-profit organization located in the Roosevelt Park area of Grand Rapids, is seeking an intern to work intensively with the SSL program. The internship requires 5-10 hours per week for 12-15 weeks, and the days and hours can be negotiated. The internship is unpaid.
- Prepare lesson plans
- Teach one or more sections of Spanish twice or more days per week
- Update and track online data and attendance
- Develop marketing materials for ESL
- Develop surveys to collect qualitative and quantitative data
- Recruit volunteers
- Communicate directly with the volunteer teachers or director
- Strong Spanish skills required
- Be in an education program, and have taken some teaching methods courses.
- Desire to be an effective teacher of Spanish for a very cooperative class of about ten students eager to learn.
The students are adults who want to learn conversational Spanish--often for their jobs. Many have had some Spanish in the past, but they need conversation practice.For kids/youth, age range is between 5-12 and the majority are at the beginner level.
Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases. RPM was established through an initiative of deacons of Roosevelt Park Community CRC in partnership with the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (World Renew) and is based on the Christian Community Development model developed by Dr. John Perkins. Incorporated in 1996, RPM is a separate non-profit organization responsible for its own program development and funding.
For more information about our organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a copy of your background check to: email@example.com
- Course code: