Roosevelt Park Ministries Family Worker Intern
- Organization: Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Field(s): Spanish, Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, Ministry
- Duration: Available Summer-Fall 2019/Winter, Spring, Summer 2020
- Paid? No
Work alongside RPM staff to connect the agency to the community and to help build strong family relationships.
Work alongside RPM staff to connect the agency to the community and to help build strong family relationships. Roosevelt Park Ministries, a non-profit organization located in the Roosevelt Park area of Grand Rapids, is seeking an intern to assist our staff Family Worker. This opportunity will allow the student to utilize both Spanish and English skills. The internship requires 8-10 hours per week for 12-15 weeks, and days and hours can be negotiated. The internship is unpaid.
- Participate in community outreach
- Help with social media marketing
- Work one-on-one with persons to help them navigate systems or paperwork, including tax documents during tax season, assisting and empowering individuals and families.
- Interpret when needed; translate documents
- Help with programming, planning events, fundraising for specific events, teaching a class
- Recruit people for programs, etc.
- Bilingual Spanish-English skills required
- Strong listening and relationships skills required with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills required
- Interest in Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Social Work, Psychology, and/or Ministry
Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases. RPM was established through an initiative of deacons of Roosevelt Park Community CRC in partnership with the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (World Renew) and is based on the Christian Community Development model developed by Dr. John Perkins. Incorporated in 1996, RPM is a separate non-profit organization responsible for its own program development and funding.
For more information about our organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a copy of your background check to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course code: