Roosevelt Park Ministries Administrative Intern
- Organization: Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Field(s): Spanish, Business
- Duration: Available Summer and Fall 2019/Winter, Spring, Summer 2020
- Paid? No
Provide holistic support for residents of the Roosevelt Park Ministries neighborhood and surrounding area through a warm welcome, answering phones, and translation of basic documents and knowledge of services/programs offered at RPM
Provide holistic support for residents of the Roosevelt Park Ministries neighborhood and surrounding area through a warm welcome, answering phones, and translation of basic documents and knowledge of services/programs offered at RPM. Roosevelt Park Ministries is a non-profit organization located in the Roosevelt Park area of Grand Rapids. This opportunity will allow the student to utilize both Spanish and English skills. The internship requires 8-10 hours per week for 12-15 weeks, and days and hours can be negotiated. The internship is unpaid.
- Provide front desk coverage, including greeting visitors and answering phones, and general office tasks as needed
- May assist in fundraising events and development of program documents
- Distribute the mail, process outgoing mail – may help with office supply orders
- Translate documents as requested
- Provide scheduling support for contracted services/programs
- Assist staff with such tasks as information gathering, data entry, collating packets, production of marking materials, and recruitment phone calls
- Listen for and transcribe telephone messages
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English skills required
- Strong listening, relationship skills with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills required
Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases. RPM was established through an initiative of deacons of Roosevelt Park Community CRC in partnership with the Christian Reformed World Relief Committee (World Renew) and is based on the Christian Community Development model developed by Dr. John Perkins. Incorporated in 1996, RPM is a separate non-profit organization responsible for its own program development and funding.
For more information about our organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Course code: