Hispanic Center Business Administration Internship
- Organization: Hispanic Center of Western Michigan, Language Services Department
- Field(s): Business, Administration, Spanish
- Duration: Available Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
- Paid? No
The Business Administration Internship is a practical introduction to the field of business and administration coordination at the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan.
The Business Administration Internship is a practical introduction to the field of business and administration coordination at the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan. The intern will work in the Language Services office alongside other employees and learn how the department is run as a business within a non-profit. The internship days and hours can be negotiated within the operating hours of the Hispanic Center, which is open from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic company information
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- Run general industry-related errands
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records
- Research and gather documentation on company position in the industry
- Attend company functions and networking events
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to: copying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Proficient computer skills required
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not required
- Interest in the field of Business and/or Administration and willingness to learn
- Hardworking and capable of working in an office space with other people
We focus on the common thread that unites all people: a desire for understanding and respecting our differences. The way we do this is by advocating for the dignity of every individual, providing access to services that create equity, and investing in relationships within community, to ensure that our services continue to impact lives.
Founded in 1978, the goal of the Hispanic Center is to provide unmet social services to the Hispanic Community in Greater West Michigan.
Now located in the heart of Roosevelt Park, the largest Latino neighborhood in Grand Rapids, the Hispanic Center is able to directly serve more than 10,000 individuals annually. Not limited to Grand Rapids, we seek to address the needs of Latinos in West Michigan. The staff is largely bilingual and multi-cultural. We understand our Latino neighbors, connect with them, and work to achieve self-sufficiency together.
The Hispanic Center of Western Michigan is a non-profit 501(c) (3) community-based organization.
Please use the online internship application: https://hispanic-center.org/about/#volunteer
Please contact Holly Rea, Language Services Manager, with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course code: