Exalta Health Welcoming Liaison & Interpreter Internship
- Organization: Exalta Health
- Field(s): Public Health, Medicine, Spanish
- Duration: Available Fall 2018/Winter/Spring/Summer 2019
Welcome and assist patients, their families, and visitors. Answer questions, provide information, and assist with filling out forms as needed. Provide oral interpretation for patient encounters with providers and assist the Medical Clinical Coordinator with phone calls as needed.
Exalta Health, a Christian non-profit organization located in the Burton Heights district of Grand Rapids, is seeking a Welcome Liaison and Interpreter. This person welcomes and assists patients, their families, and visitors in the waiting room. Interns working in this capacity answer questions, provide information, and assist with filling out forms as needed, thus creating an atmosphere that is caring, yet efficient. As Interpreter, this person provides oral interpretation for patient encounters with providers and assists the Medical Clinical Coordinator with phone calls as needed. Internship is unpaid requiring 10-15 hours per week for 10-12 weeks.
- Cordially greet visitors and patients upon arrival;
- Assist patients entering or exiting vehicles as needed;
- Provide information and assist with filling out forms;
- Provide oral interpretation and assist with phone calls as needed;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information;
- Monitor the overall appearance of the clinic entrance.
- Commitment to Exalta Health’s mission and ministry
- Mature, dependable, and caring individual;
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with patients, families, visitors, and staff;
- Able to stand/walk for an entire shift;
- Spanish major or minor with strong bilingual Spanish-English skills.
About Exalta Health:
Exalta Health was established in 1996 and provides medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, and spiritual care services to low income families. Services are provided through a small professional staff and 140 active volunteers and interns. Located on Division Ave one block south of Burton, 65% of our patients are Latino and 58% cite their native language as Spanish. Exalta Health is a “safety-net” clinic that is committed to providing access to quality services for those who historically experience barriers to the health care system. We are motivated by our belief in the healing and transformational power of Jesus Christ. Visit us at www.exaltahealth.org for more information.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions / contact
- Name: Sarah Pegman
- Email: spegman@exaltahealth
- Course code: