Exalta Health Medical Patient Navigator
- Organization: Exalta Health
- Field(s): Public Health, Medicine, Spanish
- Duration: Available Fall 2018 / Winter, Spring, Summer 2019
- Paid? No
Assist medical and dental patients with financial and insurance navigation.
Exalta Health, a Christian non-profit organization located in the Burton Heights business district, is seeking interns to assist medical/dental patients with financial and insurance navigation. There may also be opportunities for medical/dental assistance and interpretation and/or translation. Other projects may be available depending on student interest and skills. Internship is unpaid requiring 10-15 hours per week for 10-12 weeks.
- Meet with assigned patients to gather basic financial and demographic information;
- Assist patients in filling out registration forms;
- Assist patients in exploring insurance eligibility;
- Assist patients with filing appropriate paperwork;
- Follow up with patients regarding insurance enrollment;
- Assist patients as appropriate in filling out financial agreements;
- Assist providers as assigned with medical and/or dental procedures;
- Assist providers and patients as assigned in interpretation and/or translation.
- Medical, dental, or other healthcare-related vocational interest
- Spanish minor or major and bilingual Spanish/English skills
- Strong listening, relationship skills with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to Exalta Health’s mission and ministry
- Exalta Health volunteer orientation, and training for Medicaid and ACA “marketplace” navigation; both will be arranged by Exalta Health
Exalta Health was established in 1996 and provides medical, dental, behavioral health, vision, and spiritual care services to low income families. Services are provided through a small professional staff and 140 active volunteers and interns. Located on Division Ave one block south of Burton, 65% of our patients are Latino and 58% cite their native language as Spanish. Exalta Health is a “safety-net” clinic that is committed to providing access to quality services for those who historically experience barriers to the health care system. We are motivated by our belief in the healing and transformational power of Jesus Christ. Visit us at www.exaltahealth.org for more information.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
Questions / contact
- Name: Sarah Pegman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course code: