Bioinformatics Internship Intensive
Begins with 2-weeks of instruction followed by 5 weeks of hands-on projects including a presentation of your work.
- Variant Detection
- Genome Assembly Methods
- Gene Expression Analysis
- Pathway Analysis
- Gene Annotation
- And more…
The program requires some knowledge of UNIX and includes prerequisite reading and understanding of chapters 4 and 5 of the following:
This year's application deadline has passed.
Applications are due by Thursday April 30, 2015.
Please answer the following questions and send with your CV to email@example.com .
- Year of study
- Advisor's name
- INBRE/COBRE/RCMI/Other affiliation?
- Are you funded by a grant during the internship period?
- Dates of availability for the duration of the 7-week internship.
- Will you need a laptop for the internship period?
- Contact information: mailing address, main phone number, email
- Do you have a dataset you want to analyze? If so, please describe (e.g. 10 samples of 2x50 Illumina reads approximately 20M reads each).
- What type of analysis are you interested in? Gene expression? Mutation analysis? sRNA expression analysis, etc?
- There are competitive scholarships available which include pay $12.50-$15/ hour (depending on education), lodging and some meals. Please indicate on your application if you would like to compete for one of these slots. Other slots are available for those who have grant funding and can manage housing and travel (these are less competitive).
- Link: Internship webpage
- Course code: