Alaska Conservation Foundation
Summer internship with the Kenai Watershed Foundation in Soldotna, Alaska. Contact Rhonda McCormick (Mom of a Calvin student) at the e-mail address below for more information. The Alaska Conservation Foundation has given a grant for this position. The grant covers the intern stipend as well as the travel expenses for the intern. The organization will provide a host family and a vehicle. ACF’s conservation internships are designed to provide interns with a meaningful learning experience while directly contributing to Alaska conservation issues. Internship placements can be at nonprofit conservation, environmental justice and Alaska Native organizations; government agencies and other interested organizations that have identified assignments complementing ACF’s mission, values and goals.
ACF seeks applications from highly motivated individuals interested in furthering their education in conservation, environmental justice or closely related fields, who are willing to make a long-term commitment to preserving and protecting the pristine environment and diverse cultures of Alaska.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in an accredited college in the United States or abroad; a recent graduate of an accredited college in the United States or abroad or currently enrolled in a technical program.
- All students enrolled in an accredited college are eligible to apply, however preference for internship placement is given to college juniors and seniors, recent college graduates and graduate students.
- International students are eligible to apply if you are authorized to work in the United States and meet the other eligibility requirements.
- ACF is an equal-opportunity organization.
Successful candidates need to coordinate directly with their schools to obtain course credit for their work.
2016 Intern Position Descriptions
1. Alaska Center for the Environment - Grassroots Organizer (Anchorage)
2. Alaska Community Action on Toxics - Environmental and Community Health Researcher/Advocate (Anchorage)
3. Alaska Marine Conservation Council - Fisheries Conservation Intern (Anchorage)
4. Alaska Youth for Environmental Action - Media Intern (Anchorage)
5. Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies - Naturalist Intern (Homer)
6. Cook Inletkeeper – Wild Salmon & Climate Change Intern (Homer)
7. Discovery Southeast- Outdoor Youth Educator (Juneau)
8. Island Institute – Website and Podcast Researcher/Producer (Sitka)
9. Kenai Watershed Forum – Stream Watch Intern (Soldotna)
10. Southeast Alaska Conservation Council - Tongass and Clean Water Storyteller (Juneau)
11. Sitka Conservation Society - Story-telling and Communications for Social Change internship (Sitka)
12. Yukon Inter-Tribal Watershed Council – Tribal Conservation Intern (Anchorage)
ACF provides a grant to the host organizations which covers an intern stipend of $5,040. ACF will also reimburse travel costs to and from Alaska up to $1,400.
This year's application deadline has passed.
Applications are due by Monday February 15, 2016.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted beginning January 1, 2016 through February 15, 2016.
- Complete the Internship Application. Applications must include the following: cover letter, resume, transcript and two letters of recommendation. (Letters of recommendation may be sent to ACF directly by recommenders OR included in the application packet.)
- Email the completed application as ONE combined PDF to email@example.com by February 15, 2016.
Questions / contact
- Name: Rhonda McCormick
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (616) Office: 260-5449 X1203 Cell: 398-7220
- Link: Internship webpage
- Course code: