- October 12, 2017–November 16, 2017
- $80* ($20 will be refunded after pre- and post-test are completed)
Each semester, up to 40 high school students may participate in a five-week session in which Calvin students provide SAT or ACT tutoring assistance.
Improve your SAT or ACT score
The Excel SAT/ACT Tutoring Program, coordinated by the offices of pre-college programs at Calvin College, is available to 9th through 12th grade students from the greater Grand Rapids area.
Participants and Calvin Tutors meet once or twice a week in small groups of three to four participants for an hour session either on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm or 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm. Participants will be asked to submit ACT or SAT pre-test results in order to identify strengths and areas in need of improvement (details will be given after being confirmed in the program). Tutoring sessions will cover ACT or SAT test taking strategies and practice using specific subject matters of the tests.
Fall dates, time and location
- Orientation Reception - Thursday, October 12, 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m. Location TBD. Families welcome.
- Tutoring - October 17–November 16, 2017, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. or 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Students have the option of choosing 1 or 2 days of tutoring out of the 3 days available).
- Post Test - Saturday, November 18 from 8:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (Mandatory.)
Areas of study
At the end of each five-week session, the pairs and triads (in addition to the pre-college students’ parents) will be honored through a celebration.
The registration deadline has passed.