- Thursday, February 8, 2018
- 12:00 PM–1:30 PM
- Meeter Center Lecture Hall
Just as Calvin’s current strategic plan, Calvin 2019: Strengthen, Support, Secure, provides a restructure for strengthening our academic and financial foundations—so will Vision 2029 direct our blueprint of opportunities for the future at Calvin.
As the Vision 2029 Team discussions deepen and we reflect on what we are learning, certain opportunities for Calvin’s aspirations are rising to the top:
- to become a trusted source for learning in every context of life,
- to expand our reach as a global university, and
- to remain theologically rooted in our Reformed faith as we adapt to a changing environment.
A draft vision statement will be presented to the board of trustees at the beginning of February. Soon after, the Calvin community will be able to engage in one of three conversations around the drafted vision. On-campus forums for faculty, staff and students will be held at the following times:
- Thursday, February 8: 12 noon – 1:30 p.m., Meeter Center Lecture Hall
- Tuesday, February 13: 12 noon – 1:30 p.m., Meeter Center Lecture Hall
- Friday, February 23: 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., Alumni Association Board Room
The Vision 2029 Team also has plans to share the draft vision statement with the Calvin Parent Council, the Calvin Alumni Board, and with large pockets of alumni living across the country. Our hope is that discussions will generate ways in which Calvin might intersect with their lives in the future.
The online Calvin 2029 Community Forum will be updated in early February. Stop back at that time to see what’s new.
Your input in the vision process is important for the future!