- March 25, 2018–April 10, 2018
- Off Campus
- $5,995 based on double occupancy
Not only will you explore ancient Nazca artworks, Incan monuments, and the country’s Spanish influence, but you will be a part of the country’s Easter celebration! And if 17 days in Peru is not enough, you are welcome to join the 5-day extension to the Amazon Jungle.
- Good Friday and Easter in Arequipa, with solemn and colorful processions and the Easter Fire ceremony
- Colonial downtown tour, cultural show with traditional Peruvian dances and music, plus shopping in Lima
- Flight over the famous Nazca lines, dune buggy ride at the Huacachina Oasis and wine tasting in Bodega Tacama
- Colca Canyon, which is twice as deep as the Grand Canyon
- Boat tour of Lake Titicaca and the Floating Islands (Islas Uros)
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Amazon extension: Hiking, bird watching, piranha fishing, Monkey Island, Yagua Indian village
Participants must be prepared for uneven walking surfaces and high-altitude travel. The tour reaches a peak altitude of 12,700 feet in Chucuito.
Hosted by Neal and Marilyn Bierling
Neal Bierling is an archaeologist and teacher with experience in pre-Inca and Inca cultures. Marilyn Bierling is a Calvin professor of Spanish emerita who has directed 10 semester abroad programs in Peru and other countries.
Peru: Ancient and Modern Marvels (17 days)
$5,995 per person from Grand Rapids, based on double occupancy
Single supplement: $595
Optional Amazon Jungle extension (5 days)
$1,495 per person, based on double occupancy
Single supplement: $75
This trip is now FULL. Contact the Witte Travel website about the possibility of joining a wait list.