- June 20, 2017–July 12, 2017
- Off Campus
High school juniors: Study Classical Art and Architecture in Italy.
MILLE VIAE DVCVNT ROMAM – Go where all roads lead – Rome!
Study abroad programs in Italy are popular. And it’s no wonder! Italy is the perfect setting for learning about the history of the ancients and Western Europe, the history of the Christian faith, and the ongoing glories of art and architecture.
Calvin’s new program, Summer Classics in Italy, takes an in-depth look at the art, architecture and antiquities of this gorgeous peninsula. Earn college credit as you explore the Greek basis for Roman art and architecture and examine some of the history of Italy through the medieval period and the Renaissance. See ancient and medieval towns, spend your time strolling through the Forum, sampling Italy’s wonderful food, and learning through a rigorous and engaging program!
- Study the monuments of Rome and the Renaissance by learning about Classical art and architecture where it all began.
- Immerse yourself in the classics with Christian professors who are experts in their field
- Earn college credit before completing high school.
- Who: High school juniors are invited to apply. This is a demanding college course, so admission is competitive and limited to 25 students.
- When: June 20-July 12, 2017
- Cost: $3,499 – this includes all costs of travel from Calvin to Italy and back, as well as tuition for 3-credits. You are responsible for transportation to and from Calvin. All room and board as well as college credit included
This is a demanding college course, so admission is competitive and limited to 25 students. In addition to the application, students must provide a letter of recommendation from a parent and/or teacher endorsing your academic skills and character. Students must also provide an official copy of their high school transcripts as a part of their application.
The registration deadline has passed.