- Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
- Meeter Center Lecture Hall
Calvin College and the Calvin Center for Innovation in Business are pleased to offer executive education courses for accounting professionals. On June 13, you have a choice of attending two sessions and earning up to eight hours of continuing professional education (CPE).
Session #1 (4 Ethics Credits)
$179 General Admission; $139 Calvin alumni
Morning refreshments and a gourmet box lunch provided
8:10–9:50 a.m. Objectivity and Professional Skepticism
10:20 a.m.–12:00 p.m. Independence
Presented by Dr. Jason Stansbury
- Understand the “Integrity and Objectivity Rule” and “Independence Rule” from the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct and some of the interpretations of those rules elaborated in the Code
- Identify the AICPA’s conceptual frameworks for identifying, assessing, and applying safeguards to threats to objectivity and independence
- Identify and assess threats, and apply safeguards, in the context of a case study
Session #2 (2 Accounting Credits & 2 Tax Credits)
$169 General Admission; $129 Calvin alumni
Snacks and refreshments provided
1:00–2:40 Fighting Fraud: Prevention & Detection in a Changing World (2 Accounting Credits)
Presented by Dr. Tim Bergsma CMA, CFE
- Summarize key statistics related to fraud schemes, victim organizations, and perpetrator characteristics.
- Identify new/emerging fraud prevention strategies.
- Identify new/emerging fraud detection strategies.
- Recognize fraud risks related to emerging technology.
3:00- 4:40 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (2 Tax Credits)
Presented by Jim Valk CPA, ABV
- Understand and summarize key elements of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Identify key changes to business taxes
- Identify key changes to individual income taxes
- Identify key elements of the new Section 199A Deduction
COMBO Session #1 & #2 (8 Credits)
$340 General Admission; $260 Calvin alumni
Morning refreshments, gourmet boxed lunch, afternoon snacks and refreshments provided
Group Pricing available for all sessions.
*Calvin College is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The registration deadline has passed.