- Thursday, October 20, 2016
- 3:30 PM–5:00 PM
- Meeter Center Lecture Hall
You are invited to join Philosophy department as we celebrate the recent publications of six members of our faculty and a visiting scholar.
Join us as Professors Jamie Smith, Rebecca Konyndyk DeYoung, Greg Mellema, Kevin Timpe, Christina Van Dyke, Matt Halteman, and Lambert Zuidervaart give a short presentation on their new books. Throughout the academic year, our faculty are not only teaching in the classroom, but are also pursuing research in their various areas of interest and expertise. The result is several highly acclaimed publications.
- You Are What You Love by James K. A. Smith
- Vainglory, the Forgotten Vice by Rebecca Konyndyk DeYoung
- Complicity and Moral Accountability by Greg Mellema
- Free Will and Theism edited by Kevin Timpe
- The Routledge Companion to Free Will edited by Kevin Timpe
- Aquinas: The Treatise on Happiness and The Treatise on Human Acts with commentary by Christina Van Dyke
- Philosophy Comes to Dinner edited by Matthew Halteman and others
- Religion, Truth, and Social Transformation by Lambert Zuidervaart, visiting scholar
Each professor will give a short presentation on their book, with time for Q&A. The bookstore will also be featuring these books, which will be available for purchase in the bookstore, at a discount for this day only.
Refreshments will be served.