- Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- 3:30 PM–5:00 PM
- Meeter Center Lecture Hall
March 19: Kate van Liere, "Redeeming the Pagan Pas tin Renaissance Christian Spain"
Calvin History Honors Presentations: A Three-Day Symposium
Students graduating with honors in history will present their senior honors theses in this three-day symposium. Find out more about each presentation and read abstracts here.
Tuesday, May 6
- Madi Goodman, "Struggles with Identity: Russian and Qing Conquest in Central Asia."
- Nathan Slauer, "John Dewey and Republicanism."
Wednesday, May 7
- Christine Bennett, "Hong Kong Triad Films and the 1997 Handover."
- Kristin Fidler, "Reading the Signs of the Times: German-speaking Catholic Theologians Address Secularization in the Post-Vatican II Era."
- Justin Ooms, "Who's 'Right'? Perspectives on the Freedom Party of Austria."
Thursday, May 8
- Spencer Cone, "Compelled to Action: American Involvement in the Smyrna Refugee Crisis of 1922."
- Rachel Hekman, "'We Know Not What to Believe': Faith and War in the Confederate Woman's Experience."
- Jess McGhee, "Believing withotu Seeing: How Society in the United States Shaped the Concept of the Influenza Germ during the Pandemic of 1918."
Co-sponsored by the Honors Program.
The registration deadline has passed.