- September 23, 2015–October 8, 2015
This year, in honor of the contributions Calvin alumni have made to the world’s largest public art competition, the Calvin College Department of Art and Art History and the Calvin Alumni Association are introducing a special $1500 ArtPrize award for a Calvin alumni ArtPrize participant. Any Calvin alumni artist participating in ArtPrize 7 is eligible for the award.
The winner will be determined by popular vote. Voting will be open to all Calvin alumni who visit ArtPrize in person and begins Wednesday, September 23 and will continue until Thursday, October 8 at midnight.
Vote here for the Calvin Alumni ArtPrize participant you feel is most deserving of the award.
The winner will be announced online on October 9 and publicly at the Calvin Homecoming Maroon & Gold Gala on Saturday, October 24.
See the ArtPrize list of entries for more information and locations.
- Marlin Baker, Born in the USA, West Coast Coffee
- Rick Beerhorst, Grand Rapids, View from the Wealthy Street Overpass, Peppinos Pizzeria and Sports Grille
- Jane Blacquiere, Sing4 Self Portrait, Kilwins Chocolates and Ice Cream
- Adam Bock, Oh Captain, My Captain, DeVos Place Convention Center
- Bill Chardon, Enduring, Women’s City Club
- Stephen Clark, Beltline, DeVos Place Convention Center
- Robert deJonge, Digital Faith, Monroe Community Church
- Nora Faber, Heavenly Choir, Cathedral Square
- Elaine Tolsma Harlow, Hidden in Plain Sight (The Hunger Project), The Downtown Market
- Eric Heerspink, Component Series, 25 Ottawa
- Edith Heerspink, Heart Strings, St. Cecilia Music Center
- Jennifer Steensma Hoag, Compromised Beauty, Avenue for the Arts [Gallery] Space
- Sean Ivory, I Will Rise, St. Cecilia Music Society
- Shauna Johannesen, Bed Bugs a Musical Love Story, ArtPrize OnScreen: Presented by Waterfront Film Festival
- Nicholas Kroeze/Kroeze Krew, Rolling Down, Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- Verna Lubben, Iridescent, Inspirations of Art Studio
- Tim Nielsen, Look Closely, Fifth Third Bank/Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
- Robert Penning, Connectivities, The Downtown Market
- David Pieters, Rustic Cabinet with Shore Birds, Fifth Third Bank/Warner Norcross & Judd LLP
- Matthew Plescher, Valley Clouds, Women’s City Club
- Todd and Brad Reed, Michigan: Wednesdays in the Mitten, The B.O.B.
- Jill Risner, Bloom, DeVos Place Convention Center
- Charles Smalligan, Horseplay, The B.O.B.
- Frank Speyers, Gloria Invisibilium, JW Marriott Grand Rapids Hotel
- Mary Steenwyk, Let Justice Roll on Like a River, Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
- Doris TeBos, Authentic Dutch Windmills, Arnies Restaurant
- JoAnn Van Reeuwyk, Vestige VIII, Calvin College (106) Gallery
- Kristi Visser, 100 Faces, Grand Rapids Police Department
- John Vroon, David, The B.O.B.
- Alison Wabeke, Justice, Mayan Buzz Café
- Roy Clark, Spring Trees, DeVos Place Convention Center
- Doreen Gunnink and Midge Bolt, TIME & AGAIN, Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
More Art Events
The Calvin Alumni Association Board, through its Catalyst Grant program, has funded this Calvin Alumni ArtPrize Award. The award will be given to a single Calvin alumna/us participant in ArtPrize 7, determined by popular vote. The alumni board has funded this award for three years with the hope that a Calvin alumna/us or group of Calvin alumni will continue funding the award after the initial three years.