- November 2, 2022–November 19, 2022
- Off Campus
- $5,294 (double occupancy)
Update: This tour is now set for November 2022 (rescheduled from 2021 and 2020). This tour is full with passengers from the initial tour and we are not keeping a wait list at this time.
This exotic and educational journey will provide opportunities to explore the history and rich cultural traditions of Vietnam and Cambodia, two fascinating countries!
- Hanoi: Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house and garden, Hanoi Hilton Prison Museum, and a trishaw ride through Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Overnight cruise on Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with optional cooking class or night squid fishing
- Hue: Tu Duc Tomb, boat ride on the Perfume River to Thien Mu Village, street food tour of local specialties
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), La Vang Cathedral, Ta Con Airfield Museum, Vinh Moc Tunnels
- Marble Mountains, Hoi An Old Quarter with ceramic museum, Japanese Pagoda Bridge
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon): War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, Ben Thanh Market, street food tour
- Meking River Delta tour with stops at a brick factory, coconut candy shop, local homes, broom shop, and sleeping mat shop
- Boat trip to the floating market of Cai Rang
- Cambodia—Phnom Penh temple monasteries: Wat Phnom, Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda
- Thought-provoking visit to the “Killing Fields” and Toul Sleng Genocide Museum
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat and sunset at Phnom Bakheng Temple
- Aspara Dance Show
James Bratt, professor of history emeritus
The tour cost is $5,294 per person (double occupancy lodging). This price includes a substantial tour with 15 days in-country; mid-tour flights from Hanoi to Hue, Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City, and Phnom Penh to Siem Reap; and the $200 required Vietnam entry visa. Flights depart from Chicago O'Hare airport, with transportation from Grand Rapids provided for West Michigan passengers.
Learn more about Vietnam
Dr. Bratt will be teaching a CALL class on topics of Vietnamese history, geography, religion, and international relations for four Tuesdays beginning February 18. CALL membership ($30 for joining mid-year) and CALL course registration ($30) is required; registration for this course is currently open.
Registration will open at 3 p.m. EST on Wednesday, January 29. All registrations will be accepted on a first-come basis as received by Witte Travel. You may register online (preferred) or via mail or in person after registration opens; we are unable to accept phone reservations.
Calvin tours are open to any friends of CALL and the Calvin Alumni Association who wish to travel with us. Explore other Calvin-sponsored tours, too.