- November 5, 2020–November 22, 2020
- Off Campus
- $5,294 (double occupancy)
Update: Due to strong interest, this tour is now full. Follow the "Register" button if you wish to join the wait list.
This exotic and educational journey will provide opportunities to explore the history and rich cultural traditions of Vietnam and Cambodia, two fascinating countries!
- Hanoi: Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house and garden, Hanoi Hilton Prison Museum, and a trishaw ride through Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Overnight cruise on Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with optional cooking class or night squid fishing
- Hue: Tu Duc Tomb, boat ride on the Perfume River to Thien Mu Village, street food tour of local specialties
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), La Vang Cathedral, Ta Con Airfield Museum, Vinh Moc Tunnels
- Marble Mountains, Hoi An Old Quarter with ceramic museum, Japanese Pagoda Bridge
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon): War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, Ben Thanh Market, street food tour
- Meking River Delta tour with stops at a brick factory, coconut candy shop, local homes, broom shop, and sleeping mat shop
- Boat trip to the floating market of Cai Rang
- Cambodia—Phnom Penh temple monasteries: Wat Phnom, Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda
- Thought-provoking visit to the “Killing Fields” and Toul Sleng Genocide Museum
- Sunrise at Angkor Wat and sunset at Phnom Bakheng Temple
- Aspara Dance Show
James Bratt, professor of history emeritus
The tour cost is $5,294 per person (double occupancy lodging). This price includes a substantial tour with 15 days in-country; mid-tour flights from Hanoi to Hue, Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City, and Phnom Penh to Siem Reap; and the $200 required Vietnam entry visa. Flights depart from Chicago O'Hare airport, with transportation from Grand Rapids provided for West Michigan passengers.
Learn more about Vietnam
Dr. Bratt will be teaching a CALL class on topics of Vietnamese history, geography, religion, and international relations for four Tuesdays beginning February 18. CALL membership ($30 for joining mid-year) and CALL course registration ($30) is required; registration for this course is currently open.
Registration will open at 3 p.m. EST on Wednesday, January 29. All registrations will be accepted on a first-come basis as received by Witte Travel. You may register online (preferred) or via mail or in person after registration opens; we are unable to accept phone reservations.
Calvin tours are open to any friends of CALL and the Calvin Alumni Association who wish to travel with us. Explore other Calvin-sponsored tours, too.
Please register by Monday, August 3, 2020.