Calvin University discloses that the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Speech-Language Pathology program (residential mode and distance education mode) will fulfill state requirements for professional license in Michigan. However, some state licensing boards require additional requirements, which may include (but are not limited to): additional post-graduation examinations or experience, application and licensing fees, criminal background checks, reference checks, fingerprint submissions, etc. Continuing education may also be required for maintenance of licensure. Carefully review the academic and clinical prerequisites for your intended state/territory of licensure and whether our program meets those requirements for licensure. Make sure you understand and review any additional requirements prior to enrolling in the M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology program at Calvin University.  

State licensing requirements are always subject to change at any time at the discretion of the state/territory licensing agency. We strongly recommend you inquire with the applicable agency to confirm your eligibility for licensure prior to enrolling in the M.A. in Speech-Language Pathology program. For any questions regarding licensure, please contact the state/territory agency directly. 

Licensing requirements vary by state/territory and relocating could impact whether you will meet eligibility requirements for licensure. For any questions about relocation eligibility, contact the agency where you desire licensure before relocating to ensure that you will be eligible for licensure or reciprocity. 

If questions remain after speaking with your respective state/territory licensing agency, contact the program director. While the University can provide initial guidance, it is ultimately your responsibility to continually check with the state/territory where you intend to seek licensure to confirm all licensing/certification requirements.