You will have many opportunities on campus to team up with professors on cutting-edge research projects.
Each year, the science summer research program supports dozens of students doing full-time research on topics that include the effects of pollution on Great Lakes waterbirds, characterizing the gut bacteria of cephalote ants, and how HIV remains as a latent reservoir in resting T helper cells in patients who have undergone antiretroviral therapy.
Biology professors receive extensive funding from sources such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service to support research. This allows them to involve students in these projects as paid assistants during the summer and throughout the year. Explore their projects and opportunities to get involved below.
Current and past research and scholarship
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.