- B.S., Calvin College, 2008
- Ph.D., Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Calvin College, 2014-present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, UNC Chapel Hill, 2013-2014
- Protein structure and function
- Post translational modifications
- G protein signaling and regulation
- Using traditions from Christian community to inform collaborative research practices
- CHEM-104 - General Chemistry II
- CHEM-104L - General Chemistry II Lab
- CHEM-323 - Biochemistry I
- CHEM-324 - Biochemistry II
- CHEM-383 - Laboratory in Biochemistry
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
Gauri Dixit*, Rachael Baker*, Carly M. Sacks, Matthew Torres, and Henrik G. Dohlman (2014) Guanine Nucleotide-Binding Protein (Gα) Endocytosis by a Cascade of Ubiquitin Binding Domain Proteins is Required for Sustained Morphogenesis and Proper Mating in Yeast. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 289 (21): 15052-15063.
*These authors contributed equally to this work
Rachael Baker, Emily M. Wilkerson, Kazutaka Sumita, Daniel G. Isom, Atsuo Sasaki, Henrik G. Dohlman, and Sharon L. Campbell (2013) Differences in the Regulation of K-Ras and H-Ras Isoforms by Monoubiquitination. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 288 (52): 36856-36862.
Daniel G. Isom, Vish Sridharan, Rachael Baker, Sarah T. Clement, David M. Smalley, and Henrik G. Dohlman (2013) Protons as Second Messenger Regulators of G Protein Signaling. Molecular Cell. 51 (4): 531-538.
Rachael Baker, Steven M. Lewis, Emily M. Wilkerson, Atsuo T. Sasaki, Lewis C. Cantley, Brian Kuhlman, Henrik G. Dohlman, and Sharon L. Campbell (2013) Site-Specific Monoubiquitination Activates Ras by Impeding GTPase Activating Protein Function. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology. 20 (1): 46-52.
Highlighted in Nature Reviews Molecular and Cell Biology: Katharine Wrighton (2013) Cell Signaling: How Monoubiquitination Keeps RAS Active. 14, 66-67.
Steven D. Cappell, Rachael Baker, Dorota Skowyra, and Henrik G. Dohlman (2010) Systematic Analysis of Essential Genes Reveals Important Regulators of G Protein Signaling. Molecular Cell. 38 (5): 746–757.
Kristin M. Slade, Rachael Baker, Michael Chua, Nancy L. Thompson, and Gary J. Pielak (2009) Effects of Recombinant Protein Expression on Green Fluorescent Protein Diffusion in Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 48 (23): 5083-5089.
- Course code: