We print in color or black and white, on various stocks, colors and sizes, including envelopes. We offer a number of finishings and different types of binding (see finishing and binding sections below). Find our order form on the "Submit an Order" page and use our "Best Practices" page for some help with setup and formatting. Feel free to ask for a cost estimate or to see a proof! If you request a cost estimate, please include as much information as possible, and please attach your file.
- 8.5" x 11"
- 8.5" x 14"
- 11" x 17"
- 12" x 18"
- 13" x 19"
- 12" x 27", cardstock only
- 12" x 40", cardstock only
- *Please note that the long poster stocks (the 12x27 and 12x40) are significantly more expensive than the other sizes.
However, any size can be cut down to match what you need (minimum 2" x 2").
Colors and Finishes
We carry papers of different weights (thicknesses) and colors for your convenience (see below).Weights - for white stock
- 20# text (regular weight for black and white; typical copy paper)
- 70# text (regular weight for color printing)
- 100# text (thick paper)
- Cardstock: 80#, 100#, or 130#
- 80# cardstock is normally used for posters and the like. 100# is used for business cards and postcards (please let us know if you intend to send a print as a postcard).
- Supergloss Cardstock
- 100# "Silk" Cardstock
- Tear Resistant (nearly untearable)
- 8.5" x 11" Chipboard - no printing
- Door Hangers
- 2-layer and 3-layer Carbonless Forms
- Glama Natural Translucent Paper
- Window Clings
- 5-position Tabs
- Full sheet adhesives: 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17", can be cut down.
- Address Labels and Nametags
- Avery Labels 5160: 2 5/8" x 1"
- Avery Labels 5161: 4" x 1"
- Perforated and Peel-off Nametags: perforation size is 4" x 2.75", adhesive size is 3.5" x 2.25".
- We can format the text of the labels and name tags if you provide an excel file of the information - see "Variable Data" on our "Best Practices" page.
Colors - usually available in paper or cardstock Most colors only stocked in 8.5" x 11".
Basic colors: (Professors, these are your options for coursepack covers.)*The orchid paper is not an option for coursepack covers
- Digital representations are approximate. If you have concerns about the color, please stop by to check out the options in person.
- Small booklets of paper samples can be ICM-ed to departments. Please limit to one per department.
- We can also print on customer-provided paper or envelopes, once we determine that it can run well on our printers.
Blank or with black and white or color printing. Back flap printing available. Don't forget a return address. We can print all recipient addresses right onto the envelope! See "Variable Data" on our "Best Practices" page. We also do envelope stuffing (see finishings section).Envelope sizes:
- A2 (4 3/8" x 5 3/4")
- A6 (4 3/4" x 6 1/2")
- A7 (5 1/4" x 7 1/4")
- #9 white wove
- #10 white wove
- #10 white wove, window
- #10 environment
- 6x9 white wove
- 9x12 white wove
- 10x13 (booklet flap) white wove
- Cutting: any size other than the sizes of our paper stocks will need cutting.
- Additionally, our printers cannot print to the edge, which forces a white border on prints that are the exact size of one of our paper stocks. This means that if you want prints with content all the way to the edge, they will require cutting. Please see "to-the-edge printing" under the "General" section of our "Best Practices" page for more information.
- If you only want one copy or so, it is probably more cost-effective for you to cut it yourself - please let us know if you want to cut it yourself. Our sliding cutter in the front of our office is available for customer use.
- Padding: that rubbery edge that holds a notepad together, comes with a chipboard bottom.
- 3-hole Punching
- Envelope Stuffing: we can stuff #10 envelopes and envelopes that meet the specifications outlined in the diagram below (A through D).
- Creasing: this creates a clean fold, great for things like table cards, notecards or cardstock brochures.
- Corner Staple
- 2 staples on the left
- Booklet Stapling: see binding section
Binding/bookletsWe mix color printed pages in with black, so you only pay for the colored pages you need (though for stapled booklets, this is based on how the spread comes out). We can cut the book down to your preferred size (minimum height for a stapled booklet is 5.5").
- Comb Binding
- Coil Binding
- Steel spine attached to transparent covers
- Stapled booklet: multiple pages are printed on larger sheets which are folded in half and stapled
- Perfect Binding: glued spine
- *Comb or coil binding can be paired with cardstock covers or a transparent front and black back for a nice, professional look. Stapled booklets also have the option of a cardstock cover. Perfect binding automatically comes with a cardstock cover.
- To searchable pdf format
- To a graphics format, ie. jpg, png
- *Max scanning size of 11"x17"
- Variable data
- Inserting addresses, photos, graphics, etc.
- For directions on how to send in variable data jobs, see the "Variable Data" section on our Best Practices page.
- Lamination: If you want your prints laminated, please pick them up from Printing Services and bring them over to Calvin's Audio Visual department and coordinate lamination with them. (Departments, we can ICM your prints to AV, and it can all be charged to the account number you give).
What can you do with all these services? Here are some ideas...
- Wedding announcements, invites, tablecards, envelopes, or programs
- Personalized greeting cards
- Business cards
- Posters, flyers, or brochures
- Dorm decorations
- Photos (typically printed on our 80# cardstock)
- Scans of original artwork
- A personal collection of your own writing, notes, or artwork
- Custom notebooks or planners
- If you have something in mind, ask us what we can do!