All registration is handled through ETS (Educational Testing Service). Information can be found at www.ets.org/gre. Please note that there is no advance registration handled at Calvin University.
Subject Test Administrations for 2020–2021
Registrations must reach ETS in Princeton, NJ, by the receipt dates given in the table below. All subject tests are administered in the paper-and-pencil format.
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Online Score Report Date*|
|September 12, 2020||August 7, 2020||October 12, 2020|
|October 17, 2020||September 11, 2020||November 16, 2020|
|March 5, 2021||March 5, 2020||May 10, 2021|
*approximate mailing date
Further information, including registration information for special registration circumstances, can be found at the GRE website.
Test Day Details for Calvin University Test Site
Registrants should report to the test site by 8:30am. Check in begins promptly at 8:30am. The test site is open by 7:45am for those who wish to arrive early. The Standby Registration Sign Up is available by 7:45am and standbys are admitted in the order in which they have signed the roster. Standby seating depends on the availability of extra tests.
COVID-19 Health Protocols:
- Face masks covering the mouth and nose MUST be worn at all times in the building and during the test. Anyone not wearing a face mask will not be admitted.
- A short health screening questionnaire and temperature check will be required prior to entry to the test site building. Those who do not pass the health screen will not be admitted.
- Weather permitting, examinees will be asked to remain outside of the building until approximately 8:15 when health screening will take place for admittance.
- Once admitted to the building, you will need to stay at least 6 ft away from other testers as you wait for the final registration check-in at the test room. Examinees can expect a minimum of 6ft of physical distance during the exam.
- The test room and examinee desk space will be disinfected prior to use. Disinfecting wipes will be available at each seat if the examinee also wishes to clean the surface prior to use.
Driving, Parking & Testing Location
Downloadable maps and driving directions to Calvin University are available at:
The test will be administered in North Hall; however you should enter the building via the DeVries Hall atrium entrance. Road signs on campus will give directions to the DeVries Hall/North Hall/Science Building complex. GRE Test signs at the entrance and in the building will direct you to the 1st floor North Hall location used for check-in and testing. Parking is available in Lot 4 to the west of the building.
If you need further information about the administration of the Subject GRE tests at Calvin University, contact the GRE administrator, Lori Keen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 526-6080. If you need further information about the tests, registration, score reporting, the computerized general test, etc., please visit the GRE website.
About the GRE General Test
The GRE General Test is offered only in computerized format. The test is available year-round at testing centers worldwide, including Prometric located at 3910 Burton SE in Grand Rapids. Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Call early to get your preferred test date; schedule well in advance if you need to take the test during the high demand testing period of November through January. For further information or to register for the general test visit the GRE General Test website.
Please note: The General Test is not offered at Calvin University.