Something for everyone to explore
Make the most of summer! Calvin University offers a variety of camps for kids and youth, ages 4–18, designed to help bridge the gap between school years—while learning and having fun! NOTE: Contact information for each camp is available on the camp webpage.
- Hosted by the department of chemistry and biochemistry, this camp features demonstrations and hands-on experiments designed to teach introductory chemical concepts. We will tackle sophisticated topics— like acids and bases, fat analysis of foods, and reactivity of metals—in a fun and intellectually challenging way.
- Hosted by the nursing department, this free day camp is just for girls! Students will learn about their own health and explore jobs in the healthcare field. Questions? email@example.com.
- The department of music offers a collection of camps for students looking to pursue an interest in music. Students will refine their musicianship and enjoy the opportunity to play great music together. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nature Camps (not offered 2022)
- The Calvin Ecosystem Preserve & Native Gardens' nature camps provide fun, hands-on learning adventures for kids ages 4–13. Immersed in the outdoors, campers develop a greater appreciation, understanding, and respect for God's amazing creation.
Sports camps »
- Hosted by the athletic department, Calvin sports camps allow children ages 5–18 to develop their athletic skills for both play and competition. Sports camps encourage teamwork, cooperation, a sense of adventure, and lots of fun.
Other Camps and Programs
Calvin Young Women’s Business Institute
- Held in summer, this selective, cost-free, resume-building program for young women (juniors or seniors in high school) teaches business from professionals and helps students discover and develop their own strengths.
- Held during winter months, the Calvin University Math Circle is an opportunity for 6th–8th grade students (typically 11–13 years old) to engage with exciting problems and topics in mathematics.