You have questions? We have answers. Start here, and if you don't find the answer you need, contact us: email@example.com (616-526-6142).
- What are the dates for Spring Break? Christmas Break? Easter?
See the academic calendar.
- How can I see a copy of my student's tuition statement?
Students are responsible for their tuition and miscellaneous financial statements. They can choose to have it sent to a parent e-mail address via their Calvin portal account:
1. Login to Calvin portal.
2. On "Services" tab (top blue bar), select "Student Accounts and Finances."
3. Click on "E-statement subscription."
Students should then see options for both the tuition, room and board statement, and the miscellaneous charges statement. Below each option they can enter multiple e-mail addresses to which each statement should be sent.
For more information about tuition costs or statements, see also financial services.
- My contact information changed. To whom should I send the new information?
The academic services office (firstname.lastname@example.org) maintains parent contact information.
If you are receiving the Calvin-parents e-newsletter, please also let us know your updated email address so you can keep receiving it.
You may also contact email@example.com and we'll take care of this. Thanks for keeping us updated!
- What banking services are available on or near campus?
Banks such as Lake Michigan Credit Union, Fifth Third, Chase, PNC and Bank of America will have information tables at PASSPORT (orientation). Checks up to $200 can be cashed at the financial services office; some fees may apply.
- I heard I can watch chapel live. How do I do that?
- Do you have suggestions or requirements for technology?
Calvin's information technology department offers information about student computers and hardware/software requirements.
- Students can go to: calvin.edu/go/studenttechnology.
- Parents can go to this page for computer requirements and recommendations.
- What are the core classes my student needs to take?
- Do you have suggestions for what to pack and bring to Calvin?
The housing office provides Moving In resources. This will explain how to move in to campus, what to bring and what NOT to bring.
- Where can I find out about my student's 1098-T tax form?
These forms are mailed to the student's home address at the end of January unless the student opted to get an electronic copy instead within Calvin portal. Contact the financial services office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- When is Family Weekend? Siblings Weekend?
- How do I send a package to my student?
- How can I see a copy of my student's grades?
Students can request to have a copy of their grades mailed to parents:
1. Login to Calvin portal.
2. On "Services" tab (top blue bar), select "Student Academics."
3. From the right column, choose "E-mail my grades."
4. Select which terms' grades to be emailed and which parents should receive copies of the grades.