You have questions? We have answers. Start here, and if you don't find the answer you need, contact us: email@example.com (616-526-6142).
- When is Family Weekend? Siblings Weekend?
- Do you have suggestions for what to pack and bring to Calvin?
The housing office provides Moving In resources. This will explain how to move in to campus, what to bring and what NOT to bring.
- Where can I find out about my student's 1098-T tax form?
These forms are mailed to the student's home address at the end of January unless the student opted to get an electronic copy instead within their Calvin Self Service account. There is a "View my 1098-T" link to this section of Self Service on the Student Resources page under the "Accounts and finances" section. Contact the financial services office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
- Do you have suggestions or requirements for technology?
Calvin's information technology department offers information about student computers and hardware/software requirements.
- Students can go to: calvin.edu/go/studenttechnology.
- Parents can go to this page for computer requirements and recommendations.
- What are the dates for Spring Break? Christmas Break? Easter?
See the academic calendar.
- I heard I can watch chapel live. How do I do that?
- What are the core classes my student needs to take?
- My contact information changed. To whom should I send the new information?
The academic services office (email@example.com) maintains parent contact information.
If you are receiving the Calvin-parents e-newsletter, please also let us know your updated email address so you can keep receiving it.
You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of this. Thanks for keeping us updated!
- How can I see a copy of my student's tuition statement?
Students can add a parent/guardian as an authorized user in the Student Billing & Payment Center. They do so by following the instructions in the “Invite other payers” box at https://calvin.edu/offices-services/financial-services/billing/.
After the student has designated a parent as an authorized user, then parents have to create their own username/password for the Payment Center. Those instructions are here: https://calvin.edu/offices-services/financial-services/billing/invite.html.
- What banking services are available on or near campus?
Banks such as Lake Michigan Credit Union, Fifth Third, Chase, PNC and Bank of America will have information tables at PASSPORT (orientation). Checks up to $200 can be cashed at the financial services office; some fees may apply.
- How do I send a package to my student?
- How can I see a copy of my student's grades?
Students can login to their Self-Service account to give proxy access to parents and guardians to view grades. After a student has done this, the family member will receive an email with instructions for accessing the Calvin University Self-Service account. View the instructions for students and additional FAQs about using this system.
- What local vendors provide care packages for students?