Housing at Calvin can provide a common, shared experience for all students with unique opportunities along the way. Use the resources below to find out more about all our options as you explore the places you will call home while at Calvin. Compare all our options using our housing comparison chart.
- Quick comparison chart
Residence Halls van Reken Living-Learning Knollcrest East Project Neighbor-
Alliance Off-Campus Class Level Requirement Fresh.–Soph. Fresh.–Soph. Junior–Senior Soph., Junior, Senior Soph.–Senior Junior–Senior Proximity to Campus on campus on campus 5 minute walk 10–20 minute drive 5 minute walk Varies Utilities & Amenities trash, internet, laundry, cleaning supplies trash, internet, laundry, cleaning supplies trash, internet, laundry, cleaning supplies trash, internet, laundry, cleaning supplies trash, internet, laundry, cleaning supplies Varies Cost (approx.) $10,200 / year with 21 meal plan per person (meal plan is required) $10,200 / year with 21 meal plan per person (meal plan is required) $4,111 / year per person $2,475 / year per person $3,750 / year per person Varies Safety Services (escort ride service provided dawn to dusk) yes yes yes no yes no Additional application or interview required no yes no yes yes no Furnished bed, dresser, desk, chair bed, dresser, desk, chair, shelves bed, dressers, desks, shelves, dishwasher, microwave, kitchen table & chairs bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, and general house furnishings bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, shelves, dishwasher, microwave, kitchen table & chairs no Programming yes yes yes yes yes no
Explore your options
First and second-year housing
- Residence halls
Our classic residence halls provide the space and community for you to thrive in both living and learning. These are the homes for the majority of first and second year students.
Important dates for returning sophomores
- Room draw survey active from March 1 to April 5
- Specific hall room draw April 9 at 9:30 p.m. in the residence hall basements on the women’s side
- All hall room draw, April 11, 9:30 p.m. in the Meeter Center
- Residence Hall Living-Learning communities
- Alliance housing (apartments)
Alliance housing is an intentional living-learning community for student-athletes and any other students who are seeking to live an active lifestyle. Alliance is located in the Rho and Tau apartment buildings on the east end of Knollcrest East.
- Applications available November 14
- Applications due December 9 with interviews in January
- Decisions will be announced February 10
- Knollcrest East apartments
- Project Neighborhood (PN)
Project Neighborhood (PN) is an off-campus housing option for sophomores, juniors and seniors. A select, co-ed group of students live together in a PN house with mentors.
- PN applications are due Friday, November 4.
- Interviews are November 2–4 and 8–10. Decisions will be announced December 9.
Apply now! Recommendation form
- Upperclass Timmer floors