This is a list of resources that provide funding to Calvin students for research.
External funding resources
- American Psychological Association (APA) Resources for Student Research APA and its affiliate organizations provide a wide range of grants, scholarships, awards with the aim of advancing the science and practice of psychology as a means of understanding behavior and promoting health, education, and human welfare.
- Grants.gov Grants.gov is a resource to find and apply for federal government grants. There are over 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant making agencies.
- Grants Net Since its launch in 1998, GrantsNet has grown to become one of the Web's most widely used sources of information for future scientists. More than 80,000 users have registered to use its extensive database of fellowships and grants, links to the Web sites and online applications of funders and tips on applying for grants.
- NIST's SURF Program The National Institute of Standards & Technology's Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship Program allows students to spend 10 or 12 weeks researching a project in line with their educational interests under the supervision of NIST scientists.
- National Institutes of Health This site includes information on various programs through the NIH, such as: Summer Biomedical Research Internships, and Summer Research in Medical/Dental School.
- NSF's Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program The Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports active research participation by undergraduate students in any of the areas of research funded by the National Science Foundation.
- NASA Education Programs The two main goals of NASA's education program are to "inspire and motivate students to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics" by supporting education in the Nation's schools and to "engage the public in shaping and sharing the experience of exploration and discovery" by supporting informal education and public outreach efforts.
- The National Undergraduate Fellowship Program in Plasma Physics and Fusion Energy Sciences This program provides 25 outstanding undergraduates with an opportunity to conduct research in the disciplines that comprise the plasma sciences in general and fusion research in particular.
- studentuniverse.com Information on discounted travel (flights, rail, hostels) only available for students.