Calvin provides both Windows and Mac computers for faculty and staff offices and for campus computing facilities. We provide standard software on Calvin-provisioned Windows and Mac computers.
Calvin-Provisioned Laptop Details
Included with your laptop:
- Power supply
- VGA display adapter
- CIT does not provide for external monitors, keyboards, docking stations, extra batteries, or additional power supplies
Laptop User Responsibilities:
- You are expected to keep your laptop secure at all times
- You are responsible for the supplied VGA adapter (if applicable). If yours is lost and you need a replacement, please contact the HelpDesk with your department's account number for the charge.
- Do not store confidential data on your laptop hard drive.
Problems to Avoid:
- Liquids spilled on laptop
- Laptop dropped
- Laptop stolen while left unattended in public place
- Laptop stolen from unlocked campus office
- Power cord stretched across walkway and someone tripped over cord
- Cover closed with pen or power adapter lying on the keyboard caused screen to crack
- Laptop left overnight in the trunk of car during the winter
- Open laptops carried by screen causing stress cracks at hinges
Please review CIT Asset Care Guidelines for more specifics.
If your laptop is stolen or damaged, please contact the HelpDesk immediately. Please do not attempt to have the computer repaired yourself.