External Funding Resources
The grants office can help in your search for funding sources. We subscribe to several funding databases that help us find open opportunities from various foundations and sponsors. One database that is available to faculty, staff, and students on campus is InfoEd SPIN. This database has over 40,000 opportunities from 10,000 sponsors. This is a great tool for searching funding sources and can be customized to alert you when new opportunities arise that meet your search parameters. Contact the Grants Office to get started in your search.
Other Funding Resources
- Department of Education (DOEd)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of State
- FedBizOpps: Search more than 18,000 active federal opportunities
- The Foundation Center: Provides resources and trainings designed to advance knowledge of philanthropy at every level. The Foundation Directory Online is the Center's database of thousands of funding agencies, searchable by keyword, subject, geographic area, etc. (You can access the full version with a Grand Rapids Public Library card)
- Grants.gov: The United States Department of Health and Human Services managements this website where you can find and apply for federal grants.
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Find Funding
Internal funding: Information on internal funding opportunities is available through the Office for Research and Scholarship
Use the Grants Office. That's what we're here for!
Background Information:The Grants Office has background information on many foundations and granting agencies; contact us to find out more about Calvin's relationship with a particular foundation or funding agency.
Former proposals: We keep copies of all proposals submitted by the college and by Calvin faculty. Contact us if you would like to see a particular proposal.
Calvin Links: Our office can connect you with Calvin faculty for guidance who have received grants from various organizations.
Listervs: The Grants Office receives daily notices about government and foundation grant opportunities. If you would like us to watch for such opportunities, please email us a short project description so we know what to be watching for.