Please read carefully & thoroughly.
How many teams are there?
- We have eight worship leading teams.
- Four teams lead Friday chapel, LOFT, and Monday chapel on a four-week rotation.
- Four teams lead Thursday chapels on a four-week rotation.
How many musicians are on each team?
Both LOFT & Chapels may include piano, acoustic & electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, organ, keyboard, auxiliary instruments (e.g. flute, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, banjo, etc.), and singers on melody and harmony (tenor, alto, and sometimes bass).
What musicians are you currently looking for?
We are eager to learn about new musicians in all the different instruments and voice parts. Though space on the teams is limited at this time, students graduate, travel abroad for interim or a semester, or need to leave the team for various reasons. At these times we can call on musicians that have auditioned, but have not yet been invited to participate.
When do the teams rehearse?
- All music for Friday and LOFT is rehearsed Wednesday evening (8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
- Teams rehearse the week of their assigned week.
- Additional rehearsal for Friday chapel takes place at 7:00 a.m. the day of chapel
(That’s right 7:00 a.m.! This is to avoid class conflicts.)
- Prior to LOFT, teams begin rehearsal at 6:15 p.m
- Thursday chapel teams meet Tuesday evenings from 9:00-10:30 p.m. and at 7:00 a.m. on Thursday mornings
on their assigned week.
- All rehearsal times must be met in order to participate.
What is the time commitment?
On average, Friday and LOFT teams spend 6-7 hours a week leading. Some weeks are heavy, other weeks are light. It’s important that team members plan their time well. Commitment to a Thursday teams is less, averaging no more than 3 hours on the assigned week.
What equipment does the chapel provide?
The chapel has an acoustic and an electronic drum set, djembe, cajon, and congas, a bass and electric guitar amplifier, a bass, electric and acoustic guitars, and a keyboard. Team members are permitted to practice with these instruments and use them in worship.
When is the next audition date?
For incoming students, auditions will be held during Passports 3-5 and move-in day, August 31. For specific dates and times click on this link.
What will I need to do to prepare for an audition?
For your audition we ask you to:
- Prepare the song "The Stand" by using this lead sheet or by ear using this link. Please follow the instructions for your voice or instrument listed here.
- Be ready to play or sing one or two songs on the spot. All musicians need to be able to play or sing "by ear" or by reading a lead sheet/ chord chart.
- Fill out the short application below, being sure to hit the submit button at the end.
- Sign-up for an audition time.
How will I find out how my audition went?
After your audition and questionnaire are completed we will contact you about the results of your audition. Please know that there are several factors involved in selecting team members, only one of which is musical competency. Many times, there simply isn’t a spot for your chosen instrument at this time.