Please read carefully & thoroughly.
How many music teams are there in an academic year?
- We have six teams.
- Teams lead every other week Monday chapel, Friday chapel, or LOFT.
How many musicians are on each team?
Both LOFT & Chapels may include piano, acoustic & electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, organ, keyboard, auxiliary instruments (e.g. flute, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, banjo, etc.), and singers on melody and harmony (tenor, alto, and sometimes bass).
What musicians are you currently looking for?
We are eager to learn about new musicians in all the different instruments and voice parts. Though space on the teams is limited at this time, students graduate, travel abroad for interim or a semester, or need to leave the team for various reasons. At these times we can call on musicians that have auditioned, but have not yet been invited to participate.
When do the teams rehearse?
- All music for Monday, Friday or LOFT is rehearsed on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening (8:30–10:30 p.m.)
- Teams rehearse every other week.
- Additional rehearsal for Monday and Friday chapel takes place at 7:00 a.m. the day of chapel
(That’s right 7:00 a.m.! This is to avoid class conflicts.)
- Prior to LOFT, teams begin rehearsal at 6:15 p.m
- All rehearsal times must be met in order to participate.
What is the time commitment?
Teams spend 3–4 hours on the assigned week.
What equipment does the chapel provide?
The chapel has an acoustic and an electronic drum set, djembe, cajon, and congas, a bass and electric guitar amplifier, a bass, electric and acoustic guitars, and a keyboard. Team members are permitted to practice with these instruments and use them in worship.
When is the next audition date?
Audition materials will be received this spring and summer on a rolling basis. Please contact Pastor Paul Ryan if you have any questions..
What will I need to do to prepare for an audition?
For your audition we ask you to:
- Video record yourself playing and/or singing the song “Glorious and Mighty”. Please follow the instructions for your voice or instrument listed here.
- Please find a lead sheet of the song here as well as a professional audio recording for your reference here.
- Fill out the short questionaire here, providing a YouTube or cloud storage link to your recording.
How will I find out how my audition went?
After your audition and questionnaire are completed we will contact you about the results of your audition. Please know that there are several factors involved in selecting team members, only one of which is musical competency. Many times, there simply isn’t a spot for your chosen instrument at this time.