Please read carefully & thoroughly.
How many music teams are there in an academic year?
- We have six teams.
- Teams lead every other week Monday chapel, Friday chapel, or LOFT.
How many musicians are on each team?
Both LOFT & Chapels may include piano, acoustic & electric guitars, bass, drums, percussion, organ, keyboard, auxiliary instruments (e.g. flute, violin, viola, cello, mandolin, banjo, etc.), and singers on melody and harmony (tenor, alto, and sometimes bass).
What musicians are you currently looking for?
We are eager to learn about new musicians in all the different instruments and voice parts. Though space on the teams is limited at this time, students graduate, travel abroad for interim or a semester, or need to leave the team for various reasons. At these times we can call on musicians that have auditioned, but have not yet been invited to participate.
When do the teams rehearse?
- All music for Monday, Friday or LOFT is rehearsed on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening (8:30–10:30 p.m.)
- Teams rehearse every other week.
- Additional rehearsal for Monday and Friday chapel takes place at 7:00 a.m. the day of chapel
(That’s right 7:00 a.m.! This is to avoid class conflicts.)
- Prior to LOFT, teams begin rehearsal at 6:15 p.m
- All rehearsal times must be met in order to participate.
What is the time commitment?
Teams spend 3–4 hours on the assigned week.
What equipment does the chapel provide?
The chapel has an acoustic and an electronic drum set, djembe, cajon, and congas, a bass and electric guitar amplifier, a bass, electric and acoustic guitars, and a keyboard. Team members are permitted to practice with these instruments and use them in worship.
When is the next audition date?
What will I need to do to prepare for an audition?
For your audition we ask you to:
- Prepare the song “The Stand” by using this lead sheet or by ear using this link. Please follow the instructions for your voice or instrument listed here.
- Be ready to play or sing one or two songs on the spot. All musicians need to be able to play or sing “by ear” or by reading a lead sheet/chord chart.
- Fill out the short application below, being sure to hit the submit button at the end.
How will I find out how my audition went?
After your audition and questionnaire are completed we will contact you about the results of your audition. Please know that there are several factors involved in selecting team members, only one of which is musical competency. Many times, there simply isn’t a spot for your chosen instrument at this time.