Explore how your unique gifts intersect with the life of the church.
The Ministry Leadership Cohort, an initiative of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, is a two-year program open to incoming Calvin students who show potential for leadership in the local church.
Students in the Ministry Leadership Cohort will:
- Take courses together
- Reflect on leadership in small groups
- Travel on an all-expenses-paid spring break pilgrimage
- Participate in the Calvin Symposium on worship
The program culminates in a tuition-free summer internship course.
The Ministry Leadership Cohort is comprised of students in a wide variety of majors who seek to explore how they can use their unique gifts to serve God. Read reflections from professors across campus about how their discipline complements the Ministry Leadership Cohort!
- Students who are admitted to Calvin University by December 1, 2020
- Students planning to enter Calvin University in fall 2021
- Know a high school student who would be a good fit for this program? Submit your recommendation »
If you are interested in being part of the Ministry Leadership Cohort at Calvin University, you will need to do two things:
1) Express your interest
Let us know you want to be considered for this program and we'll keep in contact.
Note: On this form, you may also choose other special programs for first-year students for which you'd like to be considered.
2) Apply to Calvin
Complete Calvin's application early in order to be admitted by December 1. Without your application, unfortunately you will not be considered for this program.
After you express interest in the program and complete your application to Calvin, here is what you can expect to happen:
- Invitations to attend the Ministry Leadership Cohort interview weekend will be sent in early January. The invitation will include a travel voucher to pay for part of your trip to Calvin if you live more than 150 miles from campus. Your housing and meals will be provided during the interview weekend.
- This invitation includes visiting campus to learn more about the program, to interview for a chance to be selected as a member of the Ministry Leadership Cohort.
- Prospective students will be asked to submit a recommendation from a pastor or ministry leader who can speak to the student’s interest and involvement in the church or non-profit ministry.
- Prospective students will be notified of their acceptance to the program in March 2021.
Program details and yearly schedule
The program spans each student's first and second year at Calvin.