Here you will find resources to apply for grants, submit progress reports and apply to be part of the Writing Nook co-op.
- In each academic year the Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship awards grants to a variable number of Scholars drawn from both within and from outside the Calvin College faculty. Scholars from outside the Calvin College faculty must apply as part of a team. Teams of Scholars shall have at least one member of the Calvin College faculty. The coordinator of such a team shall be a member of the Calvin College faculty.
- The Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship funds Small Grants to encourage the initiation, continuation, and completion of scholarly projects related to the mission of the Center. Faculty are invited to apply for grants of up to $5000.
- The Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship, in cooperation with the Hekman Library, the Provost’s Office, and other Centers and Institutes, offers the Writing Nook as a way to create space and time for faculty to concentrate on their writing.
- View a table of sample budget items (per person, per day) to assist in the preparation of your proposal.
Submit a Progress Report
- The Center asks all grant recipients to report each spring on their progress, submit a written evaluation at the completion of their project, and acknowledge the support of the CCCS for all outcomes of the project. Funds not spent by the date specified in the award letter will revert to the Calvin Center for Christian Scholarship, unless previous arrangements are made with the director.