All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree and completion of the following undergraduate courses** before beginning the graduate program:
|Financial Reporting & Analysis
Intermediate Accounting II
Computing with Spreadsheets
Probability and Statistics
**These prerequisite course requirements may be met if you have taken them at Calvin or another college or university. Students can enroll in these prerequisite courses at Calvin through the Non-Degree Studies Program, as described at Calvin Admissions.
All application materials (including official transcripts) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. If accepted, applicants will be directed to the Admissions Office for application to the college.Download Application
- Online application for Admission: Completion and timely submission of an online application. Applicants must list their personal email address on the application. International applicants working with a recruiter should enter the recruiter email address on the application. By listing an international recruiter’s email address, the applicants authorize Calvin College to release their information related to admission and the visa application process to that agency.
- Official transcript(s): Submission of official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent by mail or electronically (Mailing address: ATTN: MAcc Application Review Committee, 1740 Knollcrest Circle SE, #167, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 or Email: email@example.com). ***Current Calvin students, in lieu of submitting an official transcript, may provide written authorization via e-mail to release their official transcript to the MAcc Application Review Committee. Note that prerequisites for the MAcc courses must have been completed within the last five years preceding the application due date. Also, at the application due date, an undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) or accounting major GPA of 3.0 is required.
- Resume: Submission of a professional resume.
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation. At least one of the recommenders should be someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic abilities. For graduates of Calvin’s BSA program, no more than one letter of recommendation will be accepted from a Calvin business faculty member.
- Proof of qualifying internship: Prior to final acceptance into the program, applicants must have completed at least 160 hours of professional experience at an accounting firm, company, governmental entity, or not-for-profit organization at which the applicant was exposed to accounting and/or financial situations and tasks. A written statement from the applicant’s supervisor(s) or other official, appropriate employer representative must clearly state the applicant’s job title at the time the work was performed, a description of the work performed, the total number of hours the applicant worked at the employer’s location, the physical location at which the applicant worked, and the title of the supervisor or other employer representative responsible for signing the statement. Proof of professional work experience will be evaluated by the MAcc Application Review Committee.
- Personal statement: Submission of a personal statement. The statement should include a description of at least two experiences that have impacted the applicant and helped define personal and career goals. The statement should also include an explanation of why the applicant is seeking admission to a Christian College for completion of a Master of Accounting degree, and how obtaining a MAcc from Calvin College will assist the applicant in reaching his/her goals.
For links to forms and more information for incoming international students.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS: Applicants should request for TOEFL or IELTS scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency.
- Financial Affidavit: Including a sufficient, original bank statement
- International Student Application Addendum: A copy of the applicant’s passport (and visa if applicable) must accompany this form.
- Deposit: As an indication of intent to enroll, all international applicants are required to submit a non-refundable deposit when they accept admission to Calvin’s MAcc. Upon acceptance, the deposit will be credited to the applicant’s student account and will be used to cover first semester expenses.