The Award for Scholarship on Christianity in Business
Funded by the Calvin Center for Innovation in Business, the Award for Scholarship on Christianity in Business recognizes an academic paper exemplifying Christian business scholarship. After a thorough review of business journals with Christian affiliations, nominations are submitted and judged by a committee formed by the School of Business.
Papers reviewed against four criteria:
- Rigorous—The paper makes appropriate use of relevant sources and methods, in the course of a rationally compelling development of its theses.
- Beautiful—The paper is winsome and evocative in its presentation, whether through the lucidity of its prose, or the aptness of its illustrations.
- Interesting—The paper is novel in its approach and conclusions, not only providing the reader with new insight, but also prompting the reader to consider additional implications beyond those suggested in the manuscript.
- Useful—The paper is meaningful in its implications, for both scholars and businesspeople that seek to glorify God in their workplace endeavors.
One winner is selected annually and provides a paper presentation open to the public, alumni, students, faculty, staff, area business faculty, etc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the award.
Award for Scholarship on Christianity in Business recipients
2022: Richard Jonsen. Jonsen, senior lecturer at Rowan University, was recognized as the 2022 award winner for his Christian Business Review article. Read more about Jonsen and his receipt of the award.
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Birth to Kindergarten
- Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd Grade
- 3rd to 6th Grade
- Art: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- French: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Health & PE: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Spanish: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Special Education Pre-K to 12th Grade
- TESOL: Pre-K to 12th Grade
- Secondary Education
- English: 5th to 9th Grade
- Math: 5th to 9th Grade
- Science: 5th to 9th Grade
- Social Studies: 5th to 9th Grade
- English: 7th to 12th Grade
- Math: 7th to 12th Grade
- Science: 7th to 12th Grade
- Social Studies: 7th to 12th Grade
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Kinesiology (Pre-professional Emphasis)
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional Midwest universities.