There are many ways you can support the Calvin Prison Initiative including volunteering in our program or with a partner organization, praying for our work, or contributing financially.
Please visit our Get Involvedpage.
We invite you to pray for the following:
- CPI students who are in the program. Pray that they would be faithful and eager students, foster community among their fellow students, and seek and find opportunities for servant leadership in the prison.
- Prison and MDOC administrators who have graciously allowed our program to operate in the prison. Pray about the decisions they make about policies that affect our and other education programs in prisons across the state.
- Corrections Officers who have daily interaction with CPI students and who have the task of keeping our staff, instructors, volunteers, and students safe inside the prison.
- CPI leadership. Pray for wisdom as we seek to build a program which honors God and accomplishes His work of reconciliation and restoration in the Michigan prison system.
- CPI volunteers. Pray for the safety of our faithful program mentors and college and seminary students who regularly visit the prison to provide tutoring and support for CPI students. Pray for discernment in their interactions with CPI students, prison staff, and other prisoners they encounter.
Another way we ask for your support is through financial contribution. Your donation to the program will contribute to our operating costs as well as the support and success of our students. Donations can be made once or as a recurring, monthly gift.