The Service-Learning Center is a resource to help you meet your community needs. We offer a well-organized program, responsible students, and faculty members who want to integrate service into their courses. Each year we place students in 120 to 160 organizations. Our staff, faculty and residence halls have built deep bonds over the years with some agencies and schools. We're eager to hear your suggestions on good ways to work together.
Though we can't meet every request, we do our best. We give priority to serving organizations that:
- are incorporated
- engage in developing the most disadvantaged people in our community
- can provide structure and support students
- are located in Grand Rapids
- want to involve students in both service and learning
- have signed our waiver and indemnification form
Posted opportunities will appear in our searchable online database or in our weekly e-mail to over 1,000 students interested in service-learning opportunities.