Are you ready for a bit more space and freedom than the classic residence hall options? Consider Calvin’s apartment options on-campus.
Knollcrest East (KE) is an on-campus apartment option for approximately 500 junior and senior students. The location of KE allows students to remain connected with the campus while allowing for a unique apartment living experience with peers. KE residents participate in fun traditions as well as weekly events.
Click to open a PDF of
our KE Living Booklet 2020–21
Cost of living at KE
- All apartments have been recently renovated.
- Cost for 2020–21 is approximately $4,320 per year / $2,160 per semester
2020–21 KE application
How to apply
To apply to live in the Knollcrest East Apartments for the 2020–2021 academic year, please email email@example.com.
KE apartment selection process information
- The KE apartment selection will be held on Thursday, February 13 at 4 p.m. in the Commons lecture hall.
- Your attendance is required to ensure placement (groups of one and two DO NOT have to attend selection).
- Order of selection
- Current KE residents have priority.
- All other groups, beginning with groups of 5, then groups of 4, then groups of 3.
*Note: Standard apartment capacity is four students.*Order of selection is determined by the timestamp of when the application was turned in
Sophomores are not allowed to live in the KE apartments next year. If they have an extenuating circumstance they are welcome to make an appointment with Jay Wise, Director of College Housing and Operations. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Breaking an apartment agreement
Once you receive a placement at the KE Apartment Selection or later, your apartment agreement goes into effect.
Full-time students who remain at Calvin may not break an apartment agreement unless given permission by the residence life office or Knollcrest East area coordinator.
If permission is not granted, the student will be charged full room and board for the duration or the agreement. If permission is granted, students will be charged a penalty ($200.00 prior to May 20 and $400.00 after May 20) for breaking the agreement. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
What comes with living in KE?
- Partially furnished - bed, dressers, desks, shelves
- Free laundry facilities
- Nine month lease
- Planned community events
- Outdoor facilities - grills, volleyball, ice-skating
- Many newly-remodeled apartments
- Community dining plans available but not required
- Free ResNet hookup, eduroam, cable T.V.
- Semester leases for students studying abroad
- Computer and study rooms
- Reception desk located in the Theta-Epsilon lobby is open daily from 4–10:30 p.m.