Are you ready for a bit more space and freedom than the classic residence hall options? Consider Calvin’s apartment options on-campus.
Knollcrest East (KE) is an on-campus apartment option for approximately 500 junior and senior students. The location of KE allows students to remain connected with the campus while allowing for a unique apartment living experience with peers. KE residents participate in fun traditions as well as weekly events.
Click to open a PDF of
our KE Living Booklet 2021–22
Cost of living at KE
- All apartments have been recently renovated.
- Cost is approximately $4,420 per year / $2,210 per semester
2021–22 KE application
How to apply
- To apply to live in the Knollcrest East Apartments for the 2021–2022 academic year, please fill out the Upperclass Housing application. We only need one application per apartment group.
- Turn your group's KE application in by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 8 through the link above to be considered for the apartment selection process.
- All apartment contracts for your group must be signed and turned in before you will be permitted to participate in the KE apartment selection process (unless someone in your group is on an off-campus program).
KE Apartment Selection information
- KE Apartment Selection will be held on Friday, February 19 at 4 p.m. in the Chapel Undercroft.
- Only one person per apartment is required to attend to ensure placement (groups of one and two DO NOT have to attend selection).
- Order of selection
- Selection begins with groups of 5, then groups of 4, then groups of 3.
- Groups that request to cluster together will be placed next to each other in selection order based on date of application.
- Groups with 2 or more people currently living in an apartment in KE requesting to squat in the same apartment do NOT need to attend apartment selection. Requests to squat must be marked on your application.
*Note: Standard apartment capacity is four students.*Order of selection is determined by the timestamp of when the application was turned in
Sophomores are not allowed to live in the KE apartments. If they have an extenuating circumstance they are welcome to make an appointment with Jay Wise, Director of College Housing and Operations. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
Breaking an apartment agreement
Once you receive a placement at the KE Apartment Selection or later, your apartment agreement goes into effect.
Full-time students who remain at Calvin may not break an apartment agreement unless given permission by the residence life office or Knollcrest East Area Coordinator.
If permission is not granted, the student will be charged full room and board for the duration or the agreement. If permission is granted, students will be charged a penalty ($200 prior to May 17 and $400 after May 17) for breaking the agreement. Permission will only be given for extenuating circumstances.
What comes with living in KE?
- Partially furnished - bed, dressers, desks, shelves
- Free laundry facilities
- Nine month lease
- Planned community events
- Outdoor facilities - grills, volleyball, ice-skating
- Many newly-remodeled apartments
- Community dining plans available but not required
- Free ResNet hookup, eduroam, cable T.V.
- Semester leases for students studying abroad
- Computer and study rooms
- Reception desk located in the Theta-Epsilon lobby is open daily from 4-6 and 9-10 p.m.