Calvin University encourages its employees to give consent so that the Form W-2 may be received electronically. This option is only available for faculty, staff and students employed at the time of the distribution of W-2’s.
Benefits of consenting to electronic W-2s include the following:
- Earlier access to the Form W-2 (online forms will be available when they are created, while paper forms will be mailed on January 31.)
- No possibility a form might be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced.
- Access to the form is available on any device
- Access is secure, as the forms may only be accessed with the employee’s Calvin credentials
- The online form is in the same format as the printed copy. An employee can print as many copies as needed, and can be saved to a home computer.
- Prior year’s forms are also available for an indefinite period of time.
- Online consent remains in force unless revoked. No annual renewal is required.
- The university realizes significant cost-savings in printing and postage.
Consent for electronic W-2 can be done via Workday.
Upon graduating or terminating employment at Calvin University
Students who graduate, and employees who terminate their employment will no longer have access to Calvin online resources. As a result, the Payroll office will send a paper copy of your W-2 to your last known preferred mailing address. Please keep Calvin up-to-date on any address changes to ensure that you receive your tax documents in a timely manner. W-2’s from prior years can also be received through the Payroll office.