Calvin-sponsored National Merit Scholarships are awarded to students selected as National Merit Finalists by the National Merit Corporation who select Calvin as their first-choice college. This award is offered in addition to Calvin’s $18,000 Trustee Scholarship.
- Amount: $2,000
- Offered: 4 years
- Renewal Criteria: Recipient is making satisfactory academic progress
- National Merit Finalists are eligible to receive a National Merit Scholarships sponsored by one of the following organizations: National Merit Corporation, other participating corporations, or Calvin College.
- Finalists are only eligible for one National Merit Scholarship.
- Students selected to receive a corporate or National Merit sponsored award will receive Calvin’s $18,000 Trustee's Scholarship in addition to the National Merit Scholarship (values generally $2,000-$3,000).
- Finalists must select Calvin as their first-choice college with National Merit Corporation to receive a National Merit Scholarship.
- Finalists can change their first-choice college with National Merit before May 1, 2018. Undecided finalists have until May 31, 2018 to select a first-choice college.
- Total Calvin-sponsored award value: $8,000
- National Merit Finalists that require a fifth year of study will be eligible for the $18,000 Trustee’s Scholarship as long as they have a cumulative Calvin GPA of 3.0.
- National Merit Corporation
- Telephone: (847) 866-5100
- Web: nationalmerit.org
- Fax: (847) 866-5113
- Letter: National Merit Corporation, 1560 Sherman Avenue, Suite 200, Evanston, IL 60201-4897