Calvin sponsored National Merit Scholarships are awarded to students selected as National Merit Finalists by the National Merit Corporation who select Calvin as their first choice college. This award is offered in addition to Calvin’s $18,000 Trustee Scholarship.
- Amount: $2,000
- Offered: 4 years
- Renewal Criteria: Recipient is making satisfactory academic progress
- National Merit Finalists are eligible to receive a National Merit Scholarships sponsored by one of the following organizations: National Merit Corporation, other participating corporations or Calvin College.
- Finalists are only eligible for one National Merit Scholarship.
- Students selected to receive a corporate or National Merit sponsored award will receive Calvin’s $18,000 Trustee's Scholarship in addition to the National Merit Scholarship (values generally $2,000-$3,000).
- Finalists must select Calvin as their first choice college with National Merit Corporation to receive a National Merit Scholarship.
- Finalists can change their first choice college with National Merit before May 1, 2017. Undecided finalists have until May 31, 2017 to select a first choice college.
- Total Calvin sponsored award value: $8,000
- National Merit Finalists that require a fifth year of study will be eligible for the $18,000 Trustee’s Scholarship as long as they have a cumulative Calvin GPA of 3.0.
- National Merit Corporation
- Telephone: (847) 866-5100
- Web: nationalmerit.org
- Fax: (847) 866-5113
- Letter: National Merit Corporation, 1560 Sherman Avenue, Suite 200, Evanston, IL 60201-4897