First year students living in the residence halls must pick a 15 or 21 meal plan for their first semester. After first semester, all students are eligible for a 10 meal plan. In addition to the allotted meals in our traditional dining halls, each plan comes with "Bonus Bucks" which can be used at any of the other food service venues on campus (e.g. Fish House coffee shop, Johnny's cafe, etc.). Bonus Bucks can also be used to pay for friends or family to enjoy a meal in the dining halls.
Please note: First year students living in the residence halls must pick a 15 or 21 meal plan. Sophomores may choose a 10 meal plan if they wish.
Dining plan options
21 meal plan
- Three meals per day, seven days a week, in either dining hall (Commons or Knollcrest) or the Uppercrust.
- Includes $60 bonus bucks per semester (bonus bucks activate after meal plan drop/add period ends).
- Cost: $4,845 room and board per semester
15 meal plan
- Any combination of fifteen meals per week (three per day maximum), in either dining hall (Commons or Knollcrest) or the Uppercrust.
- Includes $30 bonus bucks per semester (bonus bucks activate after meal plan drop/add period ends).
- Cost: $4,710 room and board per semester
10 meal plan
- Any combination of ten meals per week (three per day maximum), in either dining hall.
- Includes $25 bonus bucks per semester.
- Cost: $4,490 room and board per semester
Dining dollars is a debit card system accessed through your ID card. You select the amount you'd like on your ID card and stop in the food services office to have money added (cash or check only). Dining dollars are accepted at all dining locations.
No cash? No dining dollars? No problem.
Your ID card can also be a credit card. Swipe your card and the amount will be added to your miscellaneous statement, which you pay at the end of each month through financial services.
Changes to meal plans
Residents must indicate the meal plan of their choice on their housing contract. Meal plan changes may be made during the first week of classes during the first or second semester. Meal plans may not be changed for interim. Changes can be made in the Housing office, located in the Student Life Office within the Spoelhof Center.
Lost/misplaced ID cards
You must have your ID card with you at all times. If you have lost or misplaced your ID, please visit the Housing office. They will re-issue you a new ID Card for a fee of $25.00. Until your ID Card is either found or replaced, the line checker will as for a $5.00 deposit in the dining hall(s) at each meal. Once your card is replaced, please visit the Dining Services Office within seven (7) days to receive your deposit back.