Explore how your unique gifts intersect with the life of the church.
The Ministry Leadership Cohort, an initiative of the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, is a two-year program open to incoming Calvin students who show potential for all kinds of leadership in the local church.
Students in the Ministry Leadership Cohort will:
- Take courses together
- Reflect on leadership in small groups
- Travel on an all-expenses-paid spring break pilgrimage
- Participate in the Calvin Symposium on worship
The program culminates in a tuition-free summer internship course.
The Ministry Leadership Cohort is comprised of students in a wide variety of majors who seek to explore how they can use their unique gifts to serve God. Read reflections from professors across campus about how their discipline complements the Ministry Leadership Cohort!
- Students who are admitted to Calvin University by December 1, 2020
- Students planning to enter Calvin University in fall 2021
- Know a high school student who would be a good fit for this program? Submit your recommendation »
After you express interest in the program and complete your application to Calvin, here is what you can expect to happen:
- Invitations to attend the virtual Ministry Leadership Cohort interview weekend on February 6, 2021.
- This invitation includes interacting with current students in the Ministry Leadership Cohort, interviewing for a chance to be selected as a member of the Ministry Leadership Cohort, and other opportunities to learn about the program.
- Prospective students will be asked to submit a recommendation from a pastor or ministry leader who can speak to the student’s interest and involvement in the church or non-profit ministry.
- Prospective students will be notified of their acceptance to the program in March 2021.
Program details and yearly schedule
The program spans each student's first and second year at Calvin.