Hoogenboom Health & Recreation
- Hoogenboom Health & Recreation
- 3195 Knight Way SE
- Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4406
The Hoogenboom Health and Recreation Center has the focus of core activity classes during the day and has a vibrant night life with intramural activities.
It is a multipurpose venue used for a variety of events. It also houses the 6,000 square-foot Health Center, the Human Performance Lab, two dance studios, racquetball court, classrooms, conference rooms and locker rooms.
Separate Men's and Women's faculty and staff locker rooms are available on the lower level of the Hoogenboom Gym. These are semi-public locker rooms available to emeriti, faculty and staff, and require a Calvin ID. Private, lockable changing rooms are available in the family locker room near the Venema Aquatic Center.
- Can be set for 3 volleyball, 2 basketball or 8 badminton courts
- Has over 700 students involved in intramural sports from basketball to wiffle ball
- The HRC is usually open for recreational and intramural activities starting at 3:30 p.m. everyday
- The dance studio and dance loft are the main location for the rehearsals of the Dance Guild and Rangeela - student groups with over 500 students
- Course code: