Hoogenboom Health & Recreation
- Hoogenboom Health & Recreation
- 3195 Knight Way SE
- Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4406
The Hoogenboom Health and Recreation Center has the focus of core activity classes during the day and a vibrant night life with intramural activities.
This multipurpose venue is used for a variety of events. It also houses the 6,000 square-foot Health Center, the Human Performance Lab, two dance studios, a racquetball court, classrooms, conference rooms and locker rooms.
Separate men's and women's faculty and staff locker rooms are available on the lower level of the Hoogenboom Gym. These are semi-public locker rooms available to emeriti, faculty and staff, and require a Calvin ID. Private, lockable changing rooms are available in the family locker room near the Venema Aquatic Center.
- Can be set for 3 volleyball, 2 basketball or 8 badminton courts
- Over 700 students involved in intramural sports from basketball to wiffle ball
- The recreation center is usually open for recreational and intramural activities starting at 3:30 p.m. everyday
- The dance studio and dance loft are the main location for the rehearsals of the Dance Guild and Rangeela—student groups with over 500 student participants
- Course code: