Todd Vanden Berg
- BA Calvin College
- MA State University of New York at Buffalo
- PhD State University of New York at Buffalo
Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, Intercultural Communication, The Anthropology of Religion
Involuntary resettlement, religious integration, Jamaican tourism
- An Inquiry into Jamaican Perspectives on Tourism. Tourism, Culture & Communication, 14, pp. 117– 134, 2014.
- More than you think, but still not enough: Christian Anthropologists. Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith: vol. 61, #4: p.p. 211-219, December, 2009.
- Contextualization from the Ground: Longuda Lutherans in Nigeria. In Power and Identity in the Global Church: Six Contemporary Cases. Brian Howell and Edwin Zehner eds. William Carey Library. p.p. 55-79, 2009.
- A Reflection on Jenell Williams Paris’s ‘A Pietist Perspective on Love and learning in Cultural Anthropology. Christian Scholars Review. Vol. XXV. #3 pp.387-393, Spring 2006.
- Culture, Christianity, and Witchcraft, in an African Context: The Integration of Religious Beliefs at a Grassroots Level by the Longuda of Adamawa State, Nigeria. In The Changing Face of Christianity: Africa, the West, and the World. Lamin Sanneh, and Joel Carpenter, eds. Oxford University Press. p.p.45-62, 2005.
- “We are Not Compensating Rocks”: Resettlement and Traditional Religious Systems. World Development: vol. 27, #2: p.p. 271-283, February, 1999.
Named "Teacher of the Year" by Calvin College class of 2008. Read more »
Learn more about Calvin's excellent faculty and learning environment by scheduling a campus visit.Visit »
- Course code: