Mary S. Hulst
- PhD (2006) – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, communication ethics and the philosophy of religion
- MDiv (1995) – Calvin Theological Seminary
- BC (1991) – Calvin College, classical studies
Rev. Dr. Mary S. Hulst has served as College Chaplain since 2009. Before coming to Calvin College, she spent eight years serving as the senior pastor at Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church in Grand Rapids before leaving to pursue a PhD in communication ethics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her bachelor’s degree is in classical studies from Calvin College, and her master of divinity was granted by Calvin Theological Seminary. Dr. Hulst taught for one year in the Communications Arts and Sciences Department at Calvin College and then for two years at Calvin Theological Seminary, as Assistant Professor of Preaching, where she still teaches on occasion. You can follow her on Twitter @PastorMary2U and find her on Facebook as “Pastor Mary.”
Calvin Theological Seminary
- 2007-2009 – Assistant Professor of Homiletics (tenure track)
- 2009-present – College Chaplain
- 2006-2007 – Assistant Professor of Communication Art and Sciences (term appointment)
Eastern Avenue Christian Reformed Church
- 1995-2003 – Pastor
- Course code:
- Book: A Little Handbook for Preachers (IVP Praxis 2016).
In the news
The fab four return
Esteemed professors reunite at January Series
The power of sermons
Calvin chaplain Mary Hulst ’91 has written a book about preaching for both preachers and those in the pews.
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: