- BA (Spanish / English Language Arts ) Grand Valley State University
- Licenciatura en Lenguas Extranjeras (Inglés) Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras
- Graduate Teacher Certificate (K-12 Spanish/English ) Grand Valley State University
- M.Ed. ( Reading) Grand Valley State University
- Education Specialist (Bilingual/Bicultural Education (BBE) ) Wayne State University
- Ph.D. candidate Wayne State University
- Dissertation in Progress Universidad Central de Nicaragua
Professor Rodríguez was born and raised in Honduras. She enjoys traveling and spending time with her family, reading, and watching cross-country, and track races as well as swim meets. She enjoys Zumba, walking, dancing with her friends, doing crafts, and cooking. She values doing service to the community here in Michigan and in other countries.
Research and scholarship
Professor Rodríguez is currently teaching two courses of Spanish: Advanced Grammar and Composition II and is the current Spanish Studies in Honduras Director during the spring semester. She is an education Advisor
Her interest for research are Indigenous groups of Honduras and their oral traditions, Grammar Pedagogy in Second and Foreign Language Teaching, Impact of International Service-Learning when studying Abroad,, The Importance of Teaching Culture in the Foreign Language Classroom.
Recent Conference presentations:
- IMPACT Alumni and Parent Panel (August, 2017). Calvin College
- IMPACT Closing Speaker (August, 2017)Calvin College
- Rodríguez collaborated with a research done at la Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán in Honduras last spring.
- STEP: Motivation for Parents: Be a partner for your children’s Education 2015
- “Adjusting to a culture other than your own” Bethany Christian Services, Grand Rapids, MI
- Perkin’s Fellows : An Education is Possible with Perseverance 2013-2015
- Methodology of second language Teaching and Grammar workshop at Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán (2014)
- Pedagogy of Grammar in the Foreign Language Classroom at Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán (2016)
- Off-campus programs:
- Course code: