Judith Vander Woude
- BA - Western Michigan University, speech pathology and audiology, 1976
- MA - Central Michigan University, speech pathology, 1986
- PhD - Wayne State University, speech pathology, 1998
- language development and disorders
- narratives and literacy
Speech pathology, phonological and language disorders
- Past President, Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Speech pathology and audiology program grant ($225,000), 2010-2012. VanderWeide Family Foundation.
- Named Calvin's top teacher in 2008, receiving the Presidential Award for Exemplary Teaching.
Vander Woude, J. (2009). Perspectives on individual differences in preschool children with specific language impairment. In A. Weiss (Ed.), Perspectives on individual differences affecting therapeutic change in communication disorders. New York: Taylor and Francis.
Vander Woude, J., van Kleeck, A. & Vander Veen, E. (2009). Early literacy: Book sharing and the development of meaning. In P. Rhyner (Ed.), Emergent literacy and early language acquisition:Making the connection. New York: Guilford Press.
Van Kleeck, A., Vander Woude, J. & Hammett, L. (2006). Accelerated development in literate discourse skills in preschool children with specific language delays. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 15, 96-95.
Vander Woude, J. & Barton, E. (2003). Interactional sequences in shared book-reading between parents and children with histories of language delay. Journal of Early Childhood Literacy, 3, 249-274.
Vander Woude, J. & Barton, E. (2001). Specialized corrective repair sequences: Shared book reading with children with histories of specific language impairment. Discourse Processes, 31(1), 1-28.
In the news
Partners in Rehabilitation
Clinic treats neurological clients collaboratively, while offering Calvin an intercollegiate venture
- Course code: