- Diplôme Annuel - Université de la Sorbonne - Paris, France 1990 (Cours de Civilisation Française)
- BA Calvin College 1991 (French, with honors)
- PhD Indiana University 2000 (French Literature)
Dr. Vos-Camy is professor of French. Born in Toronto, Canada, she grew up in Kentucky. Her love of French began when she was an exchange student her junior year of high school in Pau, France. After finishing a BA in French at Calvin College, she went on to earn a PhD in French Literature at Indiana University. Dr. Vos-Camy teaches a full range of courses in the French Department, from introductory level to the capstone. Dr. Vos-Camy’s research focuses on French 17th century literature, and her most recent work has been on the southern French author, Antoinette de Salvan de Saliès.
Dr. Vos-Camy and her husband have two children and three cats. When not involved with family activities, teaching, chairing or researching, Dr. Vos-Camy climbs mountains in the Pyrénées and the Alps. She summited Mont Blanc in 2013.
- Please email for an appointment
- Associate Professor of French, Calvin College (2004-2009)
- Assistant Professor of French, Calvin College (1999-2004)
- Instructor of French, Calvin College (1997-1999)
- Associate Instructor of French, Indiana University (1992-1994; 1995-1997)
- English Assistant, Lycée Polyvalent International Victor Hugo - Colomiers, France (1994-1995)
- German Work Exchange, Grömitz - Germany (1991)
“Plaire au public féminin: Les bienséances dans le Roman comique de Scarron.” L’honnêteté au Grand Siècle: belles manières et belles lettres. Marcella Leopizzi, éd. Narr Francke Attempto Verlag (Collection Biblio 17): Tübingen, 2020. 229-241.
“Les Réflexions chrétiennes d’Antoinette de Salvan de Saliès, ou ‘Faire la diaconesse.’” Creation, Re-creation, and Entertainment: Early Modernity and Postmodernity. Ed. Benjamin Balak and Charlotte Trinquet du Lys. Narr Francke Attempto Verlag (Collection Biblio 17): Tübingen, 2019. 133-145.
“Les aventures de Marie Anne-Françoise von Hohenzollern, Comtesse d’Isembourg.” Women in French Studies, Special Issue 7 (2018): 64-84. Ed. Catherine Montfort and Christine McCall Probes.
- Relations d’Albi : Le portrait d’une ville par Antoinette de Salvan de Saliès ». Papers on French Seventeenth Century Literature, XLIV, 86 (2017): 71-84.
- “Antoinette de Salvan de Saliès, une muse albigeoise.” Voyages, rencontres, échanges au XVIIe siècle : Marseille carrefour, éd. Sylvie Requemora-Gros. Narr Francke Attempto Verlag (Collection Biblio 17) : Tübingen, 2017.
Contributing Editor since 2000 for French 17 , an annual descriptive bibliography of French 17th century studies that received the Prix Web17 in 2002.
In the news
Q&A: A Christian approach to teaching languages
Calvin professors of German, French and Chinese discuss how foreign language pedagogy has changed and how to teach a language Christian-ly.
- Course code: