Geert E. Heetebrij
BA - Calvin College, Philosophy and Art, 1993
MFA - University of California, Los Angeles, Film, Television and Digital Media, 2014
- Course code:
Research and scholarship
Screenwriting, story structure in visual storytelling, independent filmmaking.
• "The Undergrounds," writer. The screenplay was a semifinalist in the 2013 Page Awards, and winner of UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television's 2014 Oliver's Prize ("scholarship awarded to Screenwriting graduate student showing excellence in a screenplay written for children, either live-action or animated").
• "The Interior," co-creator. "The Interior" is a dramatic web series that was featured in The Wall Street Journal's "New Media Trends" (12/16/06).
• "A Foreign Affair" (aka "Two Brothers and A Bride"), writer-producer. A film with David Arquette, Tim Blake Nelson, and Emily Mortimer that premiered at the Sundance Film Festival (2003), was distributed worldwide, and got "Two Thumbs Up!" from Ebert and Roeper.
• "Black Slaves for Sale," producer, co-director. A documentary about 21st century slave trade in war-torn Sudan. Co-production of EO TV, Netherlands, and NDR, Germany (2000). Shown in over a dozen countries. U.S. Premiere at Amnesty International Film Festival, 2002.
• "Trial by Fire," producer, interviewer. A documentary about female convict firefighters augmenting California's wildfire-fighting forces, EO TV, Netherlands (2000).
• "Love Boat," producer, interviewer. A reality-style 4-episode documentary about NGO Mercy Ships, filmed aboard hospital ship Anastasis in Gambia, Africa for EO TV, Netherlands (2000).
Please note: editing your profile is temporarily unavailable for maintenance. If you have an edit to make please contact Communications and Marketing.
- Course code: